As Property Accountant, you will be responsible the financial reporting for all assigned properties with emphasis on account analysis, journal entries, and bank reconciliations in accordance with modified accrual basis of accounting.
- Cash Management
• Monitor properties cash position on a daily basis.
• Reconcile monthly bank and mortgage statements for cash and escrow accounts.
• Review and approve tenant billings, chargebacks, and any other necessary adjustments.
• Confirm cash receipts on all tenants who pay their rent and CAM via ACH.
- Cash Disbursements
• Review invoices for proper account coding and approval.
• Approve invoices for payment based on property cash flow.
• Ensure all mortgages, real estate tax bills, insurance bills, and ground lease payments are paid timely.
• Assist the Asset Manager in processing quarterly distributions.
- Budgets/Operating Expenses
• Assist Property Managers in the preparation of the annual property budget.
• Create reforecast budgets for all assigned properties.
• When applicable, calculate allowable gross-up numbers for the budgets.
• Load budget detail into Kardin/Yardi.
- Other / Miscellaneous
• Record refinances, sales, and casualties.
• Close the month and the year in Yardi.
• Record the necessary reclassification entry of PY net income/loss as part of the year end close.
• Assist with year-end reconciliations for tax return purposes
• End of year tax entries
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to work as a team and follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other requested job-related duties. Team members are expected to perform these duties with an enthusiastic attitude and to assist wherever necessary to accomplish the Company’s overall goals.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in real estate related activities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience with Excel require
- Experience with Yardi and Kardin preferred