Come join the Rendina Team for the chance to work with a company that offers top notch quality, a collaborative and driven team, and numerous opportunities to develop your skills and career. We are passionate about what we do and reward those who feel the same.
We currently have an opportunity for a Part-Time Day Porter at our medical office buildings in Belleville, New Jersey. This position will serve as the face of the company with the tenants at the property and is responsible for the day-to-day repairs and maintenance of the property.
- Respond, diagnose and repair problems with plumbing, electrical systems, cooling/heating/ventilation systems, environmental equipment, vertical transportation equipment, life safety systems, landscape irrigation & lighting system, door & locking mechanisms, roofing, carpentry, painting, trash pick-up, miscellaneous work, and other property components.
- Respond to problems and concerns from tenants, visitors, and owners.
- Make recommendations to Property Manager for work that requires outside contractors
- Assist in monitoring and coordination of property improvement projects.
- On call 24/7 for emergency building systems.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to work as a team and follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other requested job-related duties. Team members are expected to perform these duties with an enthusiastic attitude and to assist wherever necessary to accomplish the Company’s overall goals.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in maintenance of commercial buildings.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently with little or no on-site supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body, and be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment 25 – 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.